The Chiene + Tait rural team recently held a seminar at the Scottish Game Fair that looked at Scotland’s country sports – perspectives in community benefit and community resource. Rory Kennedy, Chiene + Tait’s Rural Estates Partner interviewed our two guest speakers from:
- Gallanch Lodge, Isle of Muck, and
- North Harris Community Trust
And then chaired a panel of expert speakers that included representatives from:
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- Scottish Asssociation for Country Sports
- Into the Wilderness
- Association of Deer Management Groups
- How a Hebridean island community had its economy transformed by the formation of a commerically owned pheasant shoot
- How a community buy-out balances commercial activities with providing affordable deer stalking as a community amenity
- Government land: obligations and its potential role in public field sports amenity
- Communities: broadening their participation in Scotland’s deer management and deer resource
- Balancing competing interests in field sports: economy, accessibility and good management
We are delighted to confirm that a recording of the seminar is now available via a podcast from Into the Wilderness. To listed to the podcast, please click here.
If you would like to attend our Scottish Game Fair seminar in 2018, contact us today at email@example.com.