Working on the reception desk at Chiene + Tait has proved rewarding for me for a number of reasons, and has allowed me the opportunity to meet and befriend many people.
I have always considered the role of a receptionist to be an important one and firmly believe the moment a visitor enters the office an opinion of the firm is formed. If our visitors are greeted in a friendly, welcoming manner I believe this sentiment is generally reciprocated – first impressions last. If you are genuinely interested in people from all walks of life, then being a receptionist is right up your street!
The role at Chiene + Tait has allowed me the opportunity to have contact with every member of staff (circa 126) and I consider this to be a terrific bonus. It is also pleasing being part of a wider support team.
I have also found that working on reception you very quickly learn about the various departments, and their specific areas of expertise. It is reassuring to know that there are always people on hand to speak to, should you ever require assistance.
The main duties of the role on reception are:
- Welcoming visitors to the office, ensuring the right first impression is given,
- Taking and transferring incoming calls to the right C+T specialist adviser,
- Maintaining the calendar for our five meeting rooms to ensure that clients can meet with team members,
- Booking couriers to transfer books and records to HMRC or clients,
- Ordering taxis to and from the office for our team to meet clients and various other admin tasks.
While the role of a receptionist can be demanding, a positive attitude, the ability to juggle things around and patience will ensure that when the calm returns, added satisfaction is felt.
I work part-time on reception, which works perfectly for me as I continue to learn new skills daily at work (which keeps me on my toes!), but it also allows me the chance to enjoy other passions – sports, and other interests outside of work without encroaching into the weekends.
I would thoroughly recommend anyone taking up a position as receptionist!
Check out our careers page to see if we have any current vacancies.