We publish a regular technical update full of charities guidance for our clients; we also post shorter guidance, commentary and news items on our website on current issues facing the Charity sector.
Click on the links below to see each item.
- OSCR and targeted regulation: important changes to charity reporting
- OSCR announces New Charity ‘Notifiable Events’ Requirement
- Scottish Charity Regulator – Hitting the Target
The Charity SORP
(Also see our dedicated Charity SORPs page.)
Creative industry tax reliefs
- Orchestra tax relief
- Museums and galleries tax relief: consultation and update
- What is Theatre Tax Relief and who qualifies?
- Theatre Tax Relief
(Also see our dedicated creative industry tax reliefs page.)
- The Common Reporting Standard for Financial Institutions – impact on charities
- Persons of Significant Control (our dedicated page)
- PSC may have slipped under company radars
- The Trustees’ Report: tips and key points when drafting
- The Trustees’ Report: tips and key points when drafting part 2
- Millennials can be charity trustees too
- Top tips for trustees infographic
- Ethical investment – the theory and the practice
- Murky waters for VAT treatment of charitable buildings
- VAT updates for Not For Profit Organisations
- New Scottish taxes raise impact on low income charity donations
- Charities and Benevolent Fundraising Regulations
Meet the team
We hold regular events for our clients and issue regular communications to highlight important developments and new legislation for charities and their governance.