This summer the team at Chiene + Tait took part in our first ever charity ImpaCT Day, helping us make a positive social impact.
Staff were given a paid half day away from work to volunteer at a series of nominated charities, or to volunteer for a cause close to their heart thereby helping a series of fantastic local causes.
Throughout the afternoon, our teams supported charities including:
Positive Help (provides volunteer-led practical help to those affected by HIV and Hepatitis C in Edinburgh and the Lothians), for whom seven members of our team helped a gentleman tidy and clear his residence;
- Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home (re-homes lost or abandoned pets from all corners of Edinburgh and the Lothians), at which our team helped painting, decorating and refurbishing their kennels;
- Dance Division (provides dance and fitness services and opportunities to children, young people and adults in Scotland), for whom we provided a team of venue staff to help with a performance;
- St Columba’s Hospice (provides palliative care, help and support for patients and their families), for whom we engaged in a fundraising challenge with four different teams of C+T people baking, selling, sorting through donations and more;
- Midlothian Sure Start (gives very young children the best possible start by providing a range of services through six centres and on an outreach basis), for whom our team undertook DIY, gardening and other refurbishment support at two centres;
- Maggie’s Centres (operates 21 centres staffed by cancer support specialists, benefits advisors, nutritionists, therapists and psychologists, all providing support for cancer patients), at which six C+T staff helped with the staging of the Brodies’ Annual Tennis Tournament in support of Maggie’s, held in Gleneagles; and
- The Moray Firth Partnership (promotes sustainability and cares for the coastline around the Moray Firth), for whom our Inverness team spent the afternoon cleaning unsightly (and dangerous to wildlife) rubbish at Milton of Culloden beach.
Other C+T staff helped individually, volunteering for the day at a charity with which they had personal connections.
We hope that we have provided much-needed help and support to those in most need in our local communities.
We look forward to the next ImpaCT Day in 2019, and to helping more charities achieve their aims.